-
February 1st, 2002, 08:25 PM
#1
Inactive Member
Personally, I think chief wahoo should be retired along with blackface.
------------------
Buttafucco is Inuendo
-
February 1st, 2002, 08:28 PM
#2
Inactive Member
I agree, dump the Chief. Wahoo looks like somebody Elmer Fudd chases around with a shotgun in a Bugs Bunny caroon.
------------------
Lex clavatoris designati rescindenda est
-
February 1st, 2002, 09:07 PM
#3
Inactive Member
And the fightin' Irish should be called...? Anyone who sees any correlation between Chief Wahoo and Native Americans is just tryin' too hard. Chief Wahoo=baseball; Cleveland; baseball history.
Don't try to be so intellectual and politically correct. I had the pleasure of residing in Arizona and the Monument Valley area during the '95 season. The Chief Wahoo hats were a hot item on the reservation. No BS!
Chief Wahoo is going nowhere. Get over it.
------------------
[This message has been edited by *TR (edited February 01, 2002).]
-
February 1st, 2002, 09:13 PM
#4
Inactive Member
I'm not saying to get rid of the team name, I just think a new uniform with a new logo is in order.
Keep Wahoo, but don't put him on the lid.
He's dated.
------------------
Buttafucco is Inuendo
-
February 1st, 2002, 09:18 PM
#5
Inactive Member
My dislike for Wahoo has nothing to do with political correctness. I simply think it's a silly logo. At least change it to a bad ass warrior indian, not some stoned out grinning goof.
------------------
Lex clavatoris designati rescindenda est
-
February 1st, 2002, 09:19 PM
#6
Inactive Member
How about skirts, to represent their poor & girlie slap hitting style of play?
------------------
-
February 1st, 2002, 09:19 PM
#7
Inactive Member
OK, maybe Chief Wahoo doesn't need to be on the lid. They've changed hats before, I'm sure they will again. Just hope they don't do it to be poliically correct. There is really only one reason the Chief is on the lid. The Tribe continues to be in the top 3 or 4 of hat sales every year.
My favorite is the swinging Wahoo(castor troy's picture). A different hat with the swinging Wahoo somewhere on the uniform would be excellent.
Sure...they could tone down his smile...a little.
------------------
[This message has been edited by *TR (edited February 01, 2002).]
-
February 1st, 2002, 09:21 PM
#8
Inactive Member
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by NYC JewBoy:
How about skirts, to represent their poor & girlie slap hitting style of play?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Good one!
------------------
-
February 1st, 2002, 11:21 PM
#9
Inactive Member
TR, where did you get this info about hat sales? I don't doubt that the tribe hat is a big seller, I see them all the time in so cal.
------------------
Lex clavatoris designati rescindenda est
-
February 2nd, 2002, 03:01 AM
#10
Inactive Member
www.chriscreamer.com to check out the new unis
but I hate to break it to most of you - Wahoo is not going anywhere, and it is because of what TR said -- the old chief sells....
------------------
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks